People with Disabilities - SD Awareness

...Where People Stand up to be Counted

Holocaust survivor sues Lane Transit (service dog)

Paul Willie D...#1

Oh No Holocaust survivor sues Lane Transit (service dog)

Post by Paul Willie D...#1 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:00 pm

It is getting really ridiculous about these transits and other businesses who think they are above the laws. Or they think they know the laws better then what is actually written. What is even worse is those comments under the article. People are giving misinformation out there. Demanding that license should be only issued from a doctor. Sorry I know way too many doctors that don't know jack when it comes to service dogs.

People also seem to put the laws together and actually say the ADA is covering airlines. Dumb right!!!! Where do these people come from... Under a rock or just very uneducated. And some seem to be from the service community themselves, unless I read some wrong but I don't think so.

No compassion for this woman that is a Holocaust survivor. It's all me me me syndrome. I know if this admin decides to again change the ADA rules and regulations I can say many of us will be violating the fed. law. Many people will not be able to go and get such license and Guess what stupid people you will be paying for the cost... It will be higher cost then the wall as there are many people in need of a service dog and then unemployment rates will sky rocket. Oh what I mean from that is simple once feds say people with disabilities CANNOT train their own service dog/mini horse then businesses will follow suit and say you also cannot work because your disabled. Think about that. Just had to vent especially when I see stupid comments.

Read more about this story: http://registerguard.com/rg/news/local/36057572-75/holocaust-survivor-sues-lane-transit-district-over-service-dog-dispute.html.csp

pwd-sd-awareness
Admin

Oh No Re: Holocaust survivor sues Lane Transit (service dog)

Post by pwd-sd-awareness on Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:43 am

G,Day Paul,

I did share it onto our facebook page. Must say I didn't read it right away but a member stated well no service dogs should bark at others or other dogs. So I did go back and listen to the video and yes there was a very faint bark which did appear to be confirmed by her although for different reasons. Just wanted to put this up here just in case the public or members was wondering about this.
Paul Willie D...#1

Post by Paul Willie D...#1 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:07 am

pwd-sd-awareness wrote:G,Day Paul,

I did share it onto our facebook page. Must say I didn't read it right away but a member stated well no service dogs should bark at others or other dogs. So I did go back and listen to the video and yes there was a very faint bark which did appear to be confirmed by her although for different reasons. Just wanted to put this up here just in case the public or members was wondering about this.  

Yes Murray I did notice that as well. Thing is it was close to the end of that video that you are mentioning about. Not saying that it wasn't wrong but as we both know that the ADA added a factor to such things like that.
ADA LAWS 2011 wrote:A person with a disability cannot be asked to remove his service animal from the premises unless: (1) the dog is out of control and the handler does not take effective action to control it
. It is true she didn't correct her dog. Not even sure she realized that another person with their dog was walking by. Being she already was extremely stressed and looked like she may go into a panic attack. My opinion there as I am not a doctor. grins.

My main issue was this. 1. She was stopped from going on the bus. The officer was telling her that she has to follow procedures in which the company has. That's wrong period. They cannot put additional restrictions onto service dogs that is not allowed by the fed. laws. Not to mention he was insisting that the dog was NOT a service dog but a Emotional support animal. I know many people use this when a person has an invisible disability.

2. If they wouldn't have delayed her from going onto the bus in the first place which the little dog was quite calm throughout. There wouldn't been this controversy. What I heard and saw didn't seem like her dog was out of control in which the ADA is clear about that. It seem as the dog only barked once, not aggressively either but more into an alert bark. This could have meant being that she wasn't looking to alert her that somebody was in that zone which could have caused her a major attack. Some dogs are trained that way. Just that light almost quiet one bark to get the attention of their partner. Normally this wouldn't happen but each case is different.

3. Is all those comments. They were so negative and hateful without even really knowing the full facts. You could tell from her speech she had difficulty speaking and explaining. I don't think because she was faking like so so so many people like to say right off the bat. But that because of the history she had endure in Germany. Those memories never leaves. I just believe that people need to stop and listen to the full story. Even if they want to say her dog was out of control which I personally don't see it. That was after the fact that she was told she had to call this person or that so she would know the rules. Yes they asked for her name I could see why she wouldn't want to give it. After all look what happen to her at a very young age. People just don't feel comfortable with police when they had to deal with the police force of Hitler.

So that is it.... That's my thoughts on this matter..... blushing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:16 pm